This post contains affiliate links, meaning that if you click on a link I will recieve a small comission. This costs you nothing extra and I only promote products I use and love! You can read our full disclosure here
Koozies are always fun for wedding favors, and these “Love is Brewing” Koozies are a great choice for the craft brew loving Bride and Groom!
These designs aren’t hard to weed but I would recommend only using Easyweed Heat Transfer Vinyl as opposed to the Glitter HTV since some of holes in the text are small. If you have to make a bunch its nice to have a group to help you weed them since that’s the most time intensive part of this project.
1. After downloading the cut files, import them into the Cricut Software. After creating a new project, select Upload Image. Select the file you wish to upload and it will automatically take you to the final upload screen, where you can name the file the select Save. The SVG Files are sized so that they will automatically cut to the size you see in the photos, but if you want to change the size you can do so to fit the koozies the way you like.
2. After selecting “Make It” Make sure to select the Mirror Mode on the cutting screen. Cut the design(s) in your choice of heat transfer vinyl with the Iron On (for Easyweed Vinyl) or Iron On+ (for Glitter Vinyl) Setting on your Cricut, with the shiny side of the material down.
3. Weed the additional material off of the backing material so that, looking down with the shiny side up, you can see your design with the correct orientation.
4. Center the design in the middle of the koozie. Arrange the design shiny side up, then cover with parchment paper. Make sure to keep the parchment paper between the design and the iron.
5. Set your Iron to the second Highest setting and press the the iron down firmly on the design, not ironing but rather using it as a small heat press. The koozie design should be completely covered by the iron. Pressing the iron on the design for 15 - 30 seconds, mine took only 20 seconds. :) I’m always a little nervous ironing koozies, so I check them every 5 second or so until the design has transferred. :)
6. Remove the backing from the design, leaving the design on the koozie. Repeat with all the remaining koozies.
I always love koozies for using up extra bits of HTV and they are the perfect favors for a wedding! Check out more of our Koozie Projects here! :)