This post contains affiliate links, meaning that if you click on a link I will recieve a small comission. This costs you nothing extra and I only promote products I use and love! You can read our full disclosure here
In keeping with the just engaged swag we are crafting this week, next up is this adorable stemless wine tumbler! “Does this ring make me look Engaged?” is so cute and this decal could easily be put on all sorts of glassware!
For my tumblers, I used Champagne Glitter Vinyl for the decal. The thin lines on the small text makes this one a little tougher to weed so while I used a glitter vinyl I would recommend Oracal 651 Permanent Vinyl.
1. After downloading the cut files, import them into the Cricut Software. After creating a new project, select Upload Image. Select the file you wish to upload and it will automatically take you to the final upload screen, where you can name the file the select Save.
2. Cut the design(s) in your choice of permanent adhesive vinyl with the Vinyl Setting on your Cricut. The SVG Files are sized so that they will automatically cut to the size you see in the photos, but if you want to change the size you can. :)
3. Once the designs are cut, weed away the extra vinyl and cut a piece of transfer tape to 3" x 3.5". Cut away any excess backing from the vinyl design and smooth transfer tape over the design, aligning it along the top of the text, leaving one set of 1/2” blocks above the top of the design. Using the smoother tool, smooth the tape to the vinyl, removing any air bubbles.
4. Now, transfer the design to your tumbler. Remove the tape and lift the decal off the backing, making sure that the entire decal is transferred to the transfer tape.
5. Align the top of the transfer tape along the top lip of the tumbler and smooth down to the center of the design. Working from the center to the edge of the design, trace the letters to smooth them onto the tumbler. Because the surface is curved, focus on the vinyl smoothly transferring than your transfer tape looking nice and neat.
6. Once the design is set, remove the transfer tape from the tumbler, leaving the design on the tumbler. Use the smoother tool or your finger to resmooth the design and to remove the air bubbles.