This post contains affiliate links, meaning that if you click on a link I will recieve a small comission. This costs you nothing extra and I only promote products I use and love! You can read our full disclosure here
I absolutely love the idea of giving humidors as Groomsman Gifts or even as Groomsman Proposals if you have the budget for it! When I was getting married, I ended up hand etching all of my boys' humidors with their names and a mountain range, but vinyl is a far quicker way to create a beautiful gift for all your groom's best guys for your wedding day.
For these groomsman and best man humidors, I went with a simple bow tie design to leave plenty of space for viewing cigars, but if you want to have extra personalization on your humidors, you can add it on the bottom (the font I used is called Antonio).
1. Download the Groomsman and Best Man Cut Files by clicking the links above, which will open the file into a new tab. right click on the picture and select "Save Picture as".
2. Import the files into the Cricut software. You can do this by going to the software; and, after making a new project, click the "Upload Button." Then Select Upload Image
3. Click "Browse" and select the file you want to cut from your saved files. Once the file is selected, a new screen will appear to choose cut complexity. I generally find the best results on the "Moderately Complex" Setting. Click your setting of choice then click "Continue."
4. You will now be on the "Select and Erase Screen." In this case, there is nothing to erase so just press continue to go to the final screen. Here you can choose whether is is a "Print to cut" file or regular "Cut" File. Select the Cut file, then press "Save."
5. Back on the Upload Screen, Repeat Steps 1 - 4 on the "Best Man" image. Once both images have been uploaded, select them from the main "Upload Screen" and click "Insert Images."
6. Both the "Groomsman" and "Best Man" Decals should be on your Project Screen. Size both decals to be 6.25" wide to have them be a similar size to the humidors pictured. Then copy and paste additional decals as needed from these resized ones. Press "Make It" to go to the Cut Screen.
7. On the Prepare Screen, confirm that your designs are arranged as you would like them on the cutting mat, then press "Continue." You can move any object by dragging and dropping it on the mat. Finally, load your vinyl of choice, select "Vinyl" on your machine, load your craft cutter, then press the Cricut "C" button on the cutter when it blinks.
8. Cut out your files on the adhesive vinyl of your choice and weed the extra vinyl from the design.
9. Press transfer tape along the design, aligning the text with the grid lines of the transfer tape. Use a smoother tool to release any air bubbles and the get the vinyl to stick to the tape.
10. If you aren't comfortable eyeballing the placement of your design, take an extra piece of transfer tape and adhere it to the inside of the humidor glass, starting at the top edge of the lid. Now, all the grid lines will be parallel to the window frame of the humidor,.
11. Slowly remove the tape from the vinyl design, making sure that the design transfers from the vinyl backing to the tape.
12. From the middle of the glass, smooth the design with a smoother to remove any air bubbles. Once design has been pressed onto the glass, slowly remove the transfer tape, confirming that the design transfers from the tape to the glass. Repeat with all your remaining humidors.
13. Remove the transfer tape from the inside of the humidor, then repeat the process for the rest of your humidors! :)