This post contains affiliate links, meaning that if you click on a link I will recieve a small comission. This costs you nothing extra and I only promote products I use and love! You can read our full disclosure here
It’s the season of love everyone and nothing says love to me like macaroons! These pretty french cookies are light, sweet, and a perfect classy edible favor!
I ended up finding these adorable Macaroon Favor Boxes on Amazon, then is was super easy to measure the window, design a simple sticker, then cut and stick! I chose Oracal 651 Gold Vinyl and Silver Glitter Vinyl for my stickers and ended up picking up some macaroons for the boxes at the local super market. That being said, if you learn to make your own macaroons not only will you be able to customize the flavors and colors, but also will make them far far cheaper to make! :)
1. After downloading the cut files, import them into the Cricut Software. After creating a new project, select Upload Image. Select the file you wish to upload and it will automatically take you to the final upload screen, where you can name the file the select Save.
2. Cut the design(s) in your choice of permanent adhesive vinyl with the Vinyl Setting on your Cricut. The SVG Files are sized so that they will automatically cut to the size you see in the photos, but if you want to change the size you can do so.
3. Once the designs are cut, weed away the extra vinyl and cut a piece of transfer tape to 1" x 4". Cut away any excess backing from the vinyl design and smooth transfer tape over the design, aligning along the bottom of the text, as shown below. Using the smoother tool, smooth the tape to the vinyl, removing any air bubbles.
4. Remove the transfer tape from the backing, lifting the design from the backing to the transfer tape.
5. Aligning the transfer tape along the top edge of the clear window on the sleeve of the box, place the design in the middle of the window. With the tape aligning the top, I was able to center it in the window pretty easily and its also decently forgiving if its not exactly right, as long as the top is aligned.
6. Smooth the design on the window, using your fingers to smooth each letter onto the plastic.
7. Remove the transfer tape, leaving the design on the sleeve.
With the sleeves complete, next it is time to fold the boxes that will hold the macaroons! It took me a little trial and error to get it right so I will share it here as well, since my boxes didn’t come with instructions. I did my best on the description and took lots of pictures so hopefully it will help you as well if you are having trouble! :)
1. Start by folding all of the lines on the box, as shown below. This will make the box easier to bend later and help you see how it goes together.
2. Taking the long edge, tuck in the two short middle flaps on the side, then fold over the wall and tuck the edge flap under the wall, forming the lengthwise wall as shown below. Repeat for both lengthwise walls.
3. Taking the end flaps on each of the lengthwise walls, hook them together to form the shorter wall of the box. once they are locked in, fold the last side flap over the wall, tucking the end flap under to complete the short wall of the box.
4. Once the boxes are made, fill them with macaroons, and then slide your sleeves over the cookies to finish the favors. I would recommend making all your sleeves and boxes beforehand, then filling them with their cookies the night before or morning of your event. :)
While these boxes are intended for macaroons, they can be filled with any sweets that you like and still work wonderfully for your event, whether its a wedding, bridal shower, or even a Galentines Day Party!