This post contains affiliate links, meaning that if you click on a link I will recieve a small comission. This costs you nothing extra and I only promote products I use and love! You can read our full disclosure here
Its been a while since I made the charming gents in your wedding anything, so I decided to make another round of flasks! :) And what better way to dress up flasks than with dapper bow ties!
These simple bow tie flasks are a great gift or proposal for your groomsmen, best man, and groom and are perfect for helping your boys celebrate and toast to your wedding day! I found the easiest way to keep the lettering and bow ties constant among all the flasks was to align it from the bottom and use the transfer tape as a constant spacer, as you will see below. :)
See more of our Flask Projects Here!
1. After downloading the cut files, import them into the Cricut Software. After creating a new project, select Upload Image. Select the file you wish to upload and it will automatically take you to the final upload screen, where you can name the file the select Save.
2. Cut the design(s) in your choice of permanent adhesive vinyl with the Vinyl Setting on your Cricut. The SVG Files are sized so that they will automatically cut to the size you see in the photos.
3. Once the designs are cut, weed away the extra vinyl and cut a piece of transfer tape to 3.5" x 4". Cut away any excess backing from the vinyl design and smooth transfer tape over the design, aligning it along the bottom of the text with one of the 1/2” blocks below the text as show below. Using the smoother tool, smooth the tape to the vinyl, removing any air bubbles.
4. Now, transfer the design to your flask. Remove the transfer tape from the vinyl backing, transferring the vinyl design to the transfer tape.
5. Align the design on the flask from the bottom of the flask by centering the middle of the bow tie to the lid of the flask and aligning the transfer tape along the bottom, as shown below. Smooth the design onto the flask, once again using the smoother to remove any air bubbles.
6. Remove the transfer taper to leave the design on the flask, then repeat the process for all the additional flasks.