This post contains affiliate links, meaning that if you click on a link I will recieve a small comission. This costs you nothing extra and I only promote products I use and love! You can read our full disclosure here
Koozies are a great favor for weddings, bachelor parties, or just as fun gifts for your wedding party. With my husband and his friends looking into cruises for a bachelor party next year, I got inspired to design a few koozies of my own! :)
I had tons of fun designing these beer stein “Brew Crew” koozies; they go perfectly with a bar crawl, lake day, or any bachelor party where beer is plentiful (which let’s be honest, is most of them!). :)
1. After downloading the cut files, import them into the Cricut Software. After creating a new project, select Upload Image. Select the file you wish to upload and it will automatically take you to the final upload screen, where you can name the file the select Save. The SVG Files are sized so that they will automatically cut to the size you see in the photos, but if you want to change the size you can do so to fit the koozies the way you like.
2. After selecting “Make It” Make sure to select the Mirror Mode on the cutting screen. Cut the design(s) in your choice of heat transfer vinyl (I used White Easyweed HTV) with the Iron On (for Easyweed Vinyl) or Iron On+ (for Glitter Vinyl) Setting on your Cricut, with the shiny side of the material down.
3. Weed the additional material off of the backing material so that, looking down with the shiny side up, you can see your design with the correct orientation.
4. Center the design in the middle of the koozie. Arrange the design shiny side up, then cover with parchment paper. Make sure to keep the parchment paper between the design and the iron.
5. Set your Iron to the second Highest setting and press the the iron down firmly on the design, not ironing but rather using it as a small heat press. The koozie design should be completely covered by the iron. Pressing the iron on the design for 15 - 30 seconds, mine took only 20 seconds. :)
6. Remove the backing from the design, leaving the design on the koozie. Repeat with all the remaining koozies.